Tuesday, April 23, 2013

a notion



nope.
not that kind of notion.
this one...


no·tion

  [noh-shuhn]  Show IPA
noun
1.
a general understanding; vague or imperfect conception or idea of something: a notion of how something should be done.
2.
an opinion, view, or belief: That's his notion, not mine.
3.
conception or idea: his notion of democracy.
4.
a fanciful or foolish idea; whim: She had a notion to swim in the winter.


i often get the notion
that i know 
what's best.
this has often got me 
into trouble
with trying 
to control situations -
and dare i say it? -
manipulate.
and this in turn
sets me up 
for disappointment 
when things don't go
'my way'.

i am trying
to learn
to let go.
learning that
i really don't know 
what is best.
and i am trying 
to learn
to hand it all over 
to the One 
that does.
without trying to
snatch it right back 
out of His hands.

parenting young adults 
is more difficult
than i imagined -
and MY kids are 
super awesome!
i really need
to know when to speak -
and when to 
keep my mouth 
completely shut.
i need 
to let them go
so they can
make decisions -
and mistakes,
without my influence meddling.

i also 
need to
get.my.own.life.
these are my thoughts 
for the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...